- If using an ultralight day pack, ensure the pack is long enough so its hip belt can fasten around your hips, not your stomach.
- Avoid using a trail shoe on ultralight treks over irregular trail surfaces. A "hiking boot" will provide much more critical support.
- For shorter trips (2-3 days) you can use a half-ounce water filter. Click on Articles and select FAST10 Your Seatbelt, or the fast book.
- More fast tips: click any of the tabs above.
- All tips on the fastwebsite are thoroughly covered in the fast book, and much more.
flexible adaptive sub-light trekking is an effective ultralight backpacking solution that optimizes utility, comfort and safety. Total pack weight for all gear and food, including a bear-resistant food container ranges between 7+, 17 pounds, 2-7 days. The system was formulated by Tim Gnazale: veteran backpacker, cross-country skier/instructor and fitness expert. fast does not promote makeshift gear and specialized adjuncts that sacrafice functionality and effectiveness. Instead, commercially available high-quality gear, innovative technique, and overall preparadness are are integral aspects of the system. fast dramatically minimizes packed weight, enabling longer hiking distance or any distance with much more comfort and enjoyment. Click on the new fast book for 2019 and quickly get up to speed and on the trail the light way.
After carrying a 55 pound pack several years ago, I was not only uncomfortable, including low back discomfort at the end of two days, but I had hiked only 10 miles round trip! I thought my backpacking days were over until I began researching ultralight gear. Using innovative techniques, safety, and today's latest cutting-edge ultralight gear, I orchestrated the fast paradigm for full functionality and comfort. Whether you are aging gracefully or simply desire an incredibly low carrying weight on your back, this website will assuradely benefit to you.
Fastbackpacker.com is a solutions-oriented ultralight backpacking portal, not an overwhelming sea of information on the subject. fast solutions are highly researched and effectual, saving the reader weeks to months of wading through a maze of websites, magazines, URLs, forums, sporting goods stores, and books. Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or comments about fast. I look forward to your input. More
f lexible a daptive s ub-light t rekking
7+, 17 lbs, 2-7 days... everything included with comfort!
Ensure your window's zoom is set at 100% when using this site